If your passport is damaged or worn out you can apply for a replacement. Please read the following information carefully.
Applications must be made in person at the Mission. You will require an appointment.
1. Download and complete the application form
You must complete two copies of the application form.
If you are experiencing problems downloading the application form, please contact the consular section to request a copy by email.
Completing the application form
The form must be completed in CAPITAL letters.
- Complete the form to the best of your ability, answering all the required questions clearly. Your application may not be processed if you fail to provide all necessary information.
- Sign and date the form, where asked.
If you have any questions concerning your application, please contact the consular section via the contact form.
2. Required Documents
You are required to submit the following documents in support of your application.
A completed passport application form.
One passport size photo.
Your damaged or worn Palestinian passport.
3. Fees and Payment
ALL FEES ARE PAYABLE BY CASH OR CHEQUE TO: Palestinian Mission to the UK
All applications must be made in person at the Mission.
You may submit the application at any time during the Consular Section’s working hours. See opening hours for further information.
You will require an appointment to submit the application.
Please make sure that you bring all the required documents.
Please note that…
- The processing fee is non-refundable.
- Paperwork submitted in a manner different from the above will not be accepted.
- Processing only starts after we have collected all necessary documents (originals with two copies) and payments.
5. Processing Times
If you don’t have someone in Palestine to renew your passport on your behalf, you can submit a renewal application form to the Mission in person. However, in this case, we cannot guarantee processing times, but we recommend you apply at least three months in advance.